Points...

Made the first two point blades. Still figuring out how I might make the tiebar, currently thinking about fashioning something with thick plasticard and some copper sheet I have. Maybe even the plastic used in Wills sheets as this is quite strong, possibly with the pins used to solder the track.
Need to just tweak the ends of the check rails and then make another pair of blades for the other point. Wondering whether I need to cut the point blades and hinge them with fishplates, as I'm concerned that there might be too much strain on the soldered joint otherwise.
It took a little tweaking of the curved blade to get it the same radius as the outer curve and in gauge the whole way but the code 60 rail means it's fairly easy to bend.
The OO standards mean that there is a little leeway in terms of how the blades have to fit into the points, but I've tried to get them as neat as possible. 

Comments

Post a Comment